The WSSC is a 100% Volunteer Organization!
We need your help!! Please lend your time and talents to help assure the best possible youth sports experience for the children and families in our community!
Contact us at: email@example.com
Together we can make a positive difference! Please Join Us!!
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Field Stewards - Volunteers will be assigned a field to "steward" for the season. Responsibilities include: monitoring the field condition to ensure it is playable; reporting to the Board when a field needs repair or upkeep; helping maintain the field, ie filling in holes, re-lining, etc.
- Goal/Net Assembly - Volunteers will help assemble new goals when purchased, setup nets on new and existing goals, deliver them to the various fields in the preseason, and take down in postseason.
- Initial Field Setup - Volunteers will help create and perform the initial lining of the fields, and transport goals to the fields that will be used during the season.
- WSSC Registrar - Responsible for player age verification, player cards, tournament team verifcation, and risk management approval support for volunteers.
- Team Photos - Legends Liaison - Works with our Team Photo vendor (Legends) to secure dates in Sept/Oct (already done for 2013) at Hamilton Viewpoint for team photos. Responsible for communication with board and ordering information (web links). Legends staffs the event.
- WSSC Events - WSSC holds events throughout the year including: WSSC Open House; Coaches Meetings; Referee Clinics; Locker Inventory, Merchandise Sales and Uniform Distribution. Volunteers are needed for set up/clean up of events, selling WSSC gear, distributing uniforms and coaching materials among other duties.
- Miscellaneous - Want to volunteer but not certain how, what or when? Add your name to this list and we will put you on an "on-call" basis. We will contact you prior to our volunteer opportunities and see if you are available to help.
- Referees - Referees are a very important part of the WSSC experience. Both youths and adults are needed and WSSC provides reimbursement for referee certification (for those who successfully pass the course). Once trained as a referee, you self-assign to games through a local referee chapter. The WSSC referee assignor is available to answer questions and provides support. This is a great way to learn more about soccer and earn money while making the club run smoothly.
- Referee Assignors - The Referee Assignor reviews WSSC home games to ensure that games are covered by refs each week. The Assignor has a pool of referees from which to draw and request coverage of games. Assignors also a resource for referees to answer questions related to match reports and other issues.
Complete job descriptions for many volunteer roles are available by downloading the WSSC Constitution and By-laws. Please share your time and talents to help us create the best possible soccer experience for all of our West Seattle families. If you have a passion for youth sports and are interested in serving with our leadership team, please contact us.