Need a Practice Field?
- View Coaches Corner for practice field reservations.
- Some REMINDERS:
- WSSC does not reserve fields for Spring Season.
- Please share with your peers. In the event of field conflicts - FIRST verify that the field is reserved for WSSC use. If another group is present during a date reserved for the WSSC, please share the field that evening, but ask for the group's contact information.
- Report field conflicts to WSSCboard@gmail.com.
West Seattle fields used in our spring and fall
(Note: the map link will open a new window in your browser.)
Seattle Parks and Recreation today announced the completion of the Walt Hundley Playfield renovation, which is adjacent to West Seattle's High Point Community Center.
"We are excited about the opportunities this venue opens up for us, as this will be one of the very few synthetic lined U-10 and U-11 surfaces in the Puget Sound area," said Tim McMonigle, West Seattle Soccer Club board member. "We are thrilled about the difference the quality of fields such as Hundley and the other new venues, Hiawatha and Delridge, have brought to our membership and West Seattle."
The West Seattle Soccer Club (WSSC) wishes to thank and acknowledge Wyatt's Jewelers for their generous donation of $5,000.00 to provide (6) professional 6′ x 18′ goals for this field. Besides supporting sanctioned play for our young players, the smaller goals and field markings make the Walt Hundley field ideal for small-sided games, training, and unstructured play for all ages. Please visit Wyatt's Jewelers to thank them and support businesses that support our community! We also want to thank Project Manager, Ted Holden, Friends of Athletic Fields, the Levy Oversight Committee, and Seattle Parks for helping us bring this dream field to life! - Bill Fry, WSSC President
Walt Hundley Playfield renovation and upgrade is complete and was inaugurated Saturday, Nov. 5 with an all day soccer event put on by the West Seattle Soccer Club. Pictured is Sofia Strauss, Pathfinder student. Behind her is Claire Maulding, Shorewood Christian. They play for the Blue Crashing Waves. (Photo by Steve Shays, West Seattle Herald) CLICK THE PHOTO TO SEE MORE
The renovation includes replacement of the existing surface with synthetic turf and ADA access from the east side of the field and renovated bleachers. The completed field has inlaid lines
supporting, one adult soccer pitch, one U-11 soccer pitch, three U-10 soccer pitches, football hash marks and Ultimate Frisbee reference marks.
In April 2011, the Seattle City Council allocated funding from the Parks & Green Spaces Levy to two field projects, Walt Hundley and Washington Park Playfield. Seattle voters passed the Parks & Green Spaces Levy by an impressive 59% vote in November 2008. The $146 million levy provides for development funding for projects such as improved playfields, reservoir lid parks, renovated playgrounds, community gardens, and safety upgrades at city owned cultural facilities.
For more information on this project, please visit http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?id=3941 or contact Parks Project Manager Ted Holden at (206) 684-7021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest and greatest field finder?? Clink on the animated soccer field above or on the link below and decide for yourself.
King County Soccer Field Locator
Caution: Site does not funtion properly with Mac browsers.
- Locations and directions to over 1000 soccer fields in King County Washington, including Seattle Soccer Fields, Bellevue Soccer Fields, Issaquah Soccer Fields, and more. Current as of Oct 2006.
- Click on any of the links below to take you to an aerial view map and driving directions. Ctrl+F to search this page.
- Unlike other mapping programs, these soccer field locations have been individually hand-selected using GPS to actually get you to the soccer field, and to the closest parking space next to the field.
Thanks to your support, the Walt Hundley Field at High Point will includefield markings for youth and small-sided play. The planned rennovations will transform our poor sand field into one of the most versatile soccer facilites in the state! Construction will being in the late summer or early fall and could be completed before our 2011 Fall Season comes to a close.
You can read more about the field renovation here:http://www.seattle.gov/parks/projects/walt_hundley/