Registration for 2014 "World Cup" Spring Season opens February 3rd
- 8-game season (Sundays). First game is April 6; last game is June 8.
Age groups: U-06 to U-11
Older teams: we recommend participating in the SYSA spring league (external link)
Spring Fee: $50 for U-06 & U-07 players, $60 for U-08 to U-11 players.
Includes World Cup jersey.
- Spring Coaches meeting (and Annual General Meeting) is Thursday, 3/27, 7pm at Grace Church, 10323 28th Ave SW, Seattle
- Register HERE (Registration Overview page). Registration closes March 1 (late registrations placed on wait list)
- Scroll down page to view program overview and FAQs.
The WSSC World Cup Spring Season is BACK!!
Our 8-game season is held on Sunday afternoons, beginning April 6 and concluding June
No games held on Easter or Memorial Day Weekend.
For more information, view Program Overview and FAQs below.
The 8-week Spring Season is designed to provide an opportunity for beginning players to experience the fun and excitement of the great game of soccer, and for established players to maintain their touch and fitness while enjoying friendly competition with their peers.
- Participating players will be placed on teams with colorful jerseys representing "World Cup" teams.
- All games will be played on Sunday afternoons in West Seattle during April to mid-June.
- The spring player fee is $60 ($50 for U-06 & U-07 players).
- Families are allowed to register players up one age group, if desired.
- There are NO required practice sessions to attend, and NO standings maintained during the Spring Season.
- Some coaches may choose to hold practices, but WSSC does not reserve practices fields during the spring program.
- COED U-06 and U-07: A World Cup training session, led by a professional trainer, will be offered to U-06 and U-07 teams prior to games. This is similar to the master coach program from last fall season.
- 3-goal courtesy rule. A team may add a player if they are down by 3 goals.
- Age Groups: U-06 to U-11
REMINDER: Spring forward (to the next age group) during the spring. We promote players and teams during our spring season.
- For example, if your player participated in the U-08 age group during the recently completed fall season, you will register your player for the U-09 age group this spring.
- SYSA Spring League. We recommend that U-11 and older teams (Fall 2013) should participate in the SYSA spring league, which offers 8v8 games with max rosters of 16 players. Their program is a bit different (they do not promote players and teams, so you'll be playing at the same age group as Fall 2013, no refs are provided, and the coach enters the team). Learn more HERE.
- A mandatory Coaches meeting will be held March 27. Team uniforms, coaches shirts and spring coaches packet will be handed out.
- For more information, view spring season FAQs below.
Spring Season 2014 FAQ's
What Ages Can Participate?
- U-06 (must be 5 by August 1, 2014) through U-11 (players under age 11 on July 31, 2014)
- REMINDER: Spring forward (to the next age group) during the spring. We promote players and teams during our spring season. For example, if your player participated in the U-08 age group during the recently completed fall season, you will register your player for the U-09 age group this spring.
- NOTE: This year we are directing U-11 and older teams (Fall 2013 age groups) to register with the SYSA spring program, which offers an 8-game season, playing 8v8. Registration opens January 24, 2014. Learn more HERE.
How Much Does It Cost To Play?
- $50 for U-06 & U-07 players
- $60 for U-08 to U-11 players (Refs provided for U-08 and older games)
- Includes World Cup jersey
How Many Games?
- 8-Game Season
When Will Games Be Played?
- View Schedules.
- All Games (Spring 2014) will be played on Sundays - April 6, 13, 27; May 4, 11, 18, June 1 & 8
- No games on Easter (April 20) and Memorial Day Weekend (May 25)
Where Will Games Be Played? (Spring 2014 -- tentative)
- Coed U-06 & U-07 @ Madison MS
- U-08 @ Roxhill South & North
- U-09 @ Highland Park (This venue may change to Riverview South)
- U-10 @ Walt Hundley
- U-11 @ E.C. Hughes
- Games may be held at Alki and/or Fairmont Park, depending on enrollment
- For directions to fields, click on Field Finder.
- Note: Denny Utility field and Sealth Stadium will be used for the SYSA spring program
What Time Will Games Be Played?
- All games begin at 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, and (if necessary) 5:15pm
- View schedules.
Are The Rules Different During The Spring?
- We will be playing with the same rules we use during the Fall Season for age groups U-06 to U-11.
- No penalty kicks
- 3-goal Courtesy Rule. A team down 3 goals may add a player.
- Read complete rules here (and scroll down page to view Spring Season Rule Changes)
Will Scores or Standings Be Kept?
How do I register my player?
- Review the Registration Overview page follow the link at the bottom of the page to register. If you have participated in our program previously, you'll have an existing user account. If you are new to our club, you'll need to set up a new account. If you have difficulty with our registration system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am interested in Coaching, how do I register?
- Review the Registration Overview page and follow the link at the bottom of the page to register.
- New to coaching? Our spring season is the perfect time to jump in. There are no required practices and for our younger teams (coed U-06 and U-07) we are offering a short training session prior to games each Sunday. These sessions are led by professional trainers who will guide you to provide fun and age-appropriate activities.
1,389 players and 242 volunteer coaches participated in another record-breaking season in 2013!
Thank you for choosing to play and serve with us!
2012 WSSC Champions League Spring Season
1,343 players and 246 volunteer coaches -- thanks for participating and serving with us
Over 1,240 players and 298 volunteer coaches participated
in another record-breaking season in 2011!
Thanks for participating in the spring 2010 WSSC WORLD CUP!
1,000 players and 200 adult volunteers = another record-breaking spring season!
Spring season ends with a visit from Sounders FC player Zach Scott!
Sounders FC player Zach Scott attended the WSSC World Cup games at E.C. Hughes on Sunday, May 23rd.
Thanks, Zach and GO SOUNDERS FC!
2014 Spring "World Cup" schedules should be posted prior to the Spring Coaches Meeting, Thursday, March 27, 2014.