Registration for Spring Season 2013 closes March 1.
Late registrations accepted on a space-available basis. Don't delay, register today.
- First game is Sunday, April 7 -- view Schedules.
- Spring Coaches meeting (and Annual General Meeting) is Thursday, 3/28, 7pm at Grace Church, 10323 28th Ave SW, Seattle
- Scroll down page to view program overview and FAQs from 2013 spring season.
The WSSC Champions League Spring Season is BACK!!
Our 8-game season is held on Sunday afternoons, beginning April 7 and concluding June
No games held on Mother's Day or Memorial Day Weekend.
For more information, view Program Overview and FAQs below.
The 8-week Spring Season is designed to provide an opportunity for beginning players to experience the fun and excitement of the great game of soccer, and for established players to maintain their touch and fitness while enjoying friendly competition with their peers.
- Participating players will be placed on teams with colorful jerseys representing "Champions League" teams.
- All games will be played on Sunday afternoons in West Seattle during April to mid-June.
- The spring player fee is $60 ($50 for U-06 & U-07 players).
- Families are allowed to register players up one age group, if desired.
- There are NO required practice sessions to attend, and NO standings maintained during the Spring Season.
- Some coaches may choose to hold practices, but WSSC does not reserve practices fields during the spring program.
- NEW THIS SPRING: A Junior Champions training session, led by a professional trainer, will be offered to U-06 and U-07 teams prior to games. This is similar to the master coach program from last fall season.
- 3-goal courtesy rule. A team may add a player if they are down by 3 goals.
- REMINDER: Spring forward (to the next age group) during the spring. We promote players and teams during our spring season.
- For example, if your player participated in the U-08 age group during the recently completed fall season, you will register your player for the U-09 age group this spring.
- A mandatory Coaches meeting will be held March 28. Team uniforms, coaches shirts and spring coaches packet will be handed out.
- For more information, view spring season FAQs below.
Spring Season 2013 FAQ's
What Ages Can Participate?
- U-06 (must be 5 by August 1, 2013) through U-13 (players under age 13 on August 1, 2013)
How Much Does It Cost To Play?
- $50 for U-06 & U-07 players
- $60 for U-08 to U-13 players (Refs provided for U-08 and older games)
How Many Games?
- 8-Game Season
When Will Games Be Played?
- View Schedules.
- All Games will be played on Sundays - April 7, 14, 21, 28; May 5 & 19, June 2 & 9
- No games on Mother's Day (May 12) and Memorial Day Weekend (May 26)
Where Will Games Be Played? (tentative)
- Coed U-06 & U-07 @ Madison MS
- U-08 @ Roxhill South & North
- U-09 @ Highland Park
- U-10 @ Walt Hundley
- U-11 @ E.C. Hughes
- U-12 & U-13 @ Denny Utility and Sealth Stadium
- Games may be held at Alki and/or Fairmont Park, depending on enrollment
- For directions to fields, click on Field Finder.
What Time Will Games Be Played?
- Updated 3/28/2013:
- All games begin at 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, and (if necessary) 5:15pm
- BU-10 teams at Walt Hundley also have some Noon game times
- View schedules.
Are The Rules Different During The Spring?
- We will be playing with the same rules we use during the Fall Season for age groups U-06 to U-11.
- U-12 & U-13 will play a modified (6v6) format:
- 6v6 (one keeper and 5 field players)
- No penalty kicks
- 3-goal Courtesy Rule. A team down 3 goals may add a player.
- Read complete rules here (and scroll down page to view Spring Season Rule Changes)
Will Scores or Standings Be Kept?
How do I register my player?
- Follow the registration link to the Registration Overview page. If you have participated in our program previously, you'll have an existing user account. If you are new to our club, you'll need to set up a new account. If you have difficulty with our registration system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am interested in Coaching, how do I register?
- Follow the same link as above for player registration and select the coach registration link.
- New to coaching? Our spring season is the perfect time to jump in. There are no required practices and for our younger teams (coed U-06 and U-07) we are offering a short training session prior to games each Sunday. These sessions are led by professional trainers who will guide you to provide fun and age-appropriate activities.
2012 WSSC Champions League Spring Season
1,343 players and 246 volunteer coaches participated in another record-breaking season in
Thank you for choosing to play and serve with us!
Over 1,240 players and 298 volunteer coaches participated
in another record-breaking season in 2011!
Thank you for choosing to play and serve with us!
Thanks for participating in the spring 2010 WSSC WORLD CUP!
1,000 players and 200 adult volunteers = another record-breaking spring season!
Spring season ends with a visit from Sounders FC player Zach Scott!
Sounders FC player Zach Scott attended the WSSC World Cup games at E.C. Hughes on Sunday, May 23rd.
Thanks, Zach and GO SOUNDERS FC!