The West Seattle Soccer Club (WSSC) strives to offer the opportunity for all eligible players to participate in our recreational youth soccer programs regardless of financial means or limitations. Toward this end, the WSSC offers scholarship funding to assist with player registration fees.
- Scholarship assistance is available for registration fees only. The member family is responsible for all other attendant costs associated with player participation.
- Scholarships are granted for one season only. Players with continued need must reapply each season.
- Scholarship assistance is awarded based on the available funding for that season.
- Applications for scholarship assistance will be kept confidential.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Any member family currently receiving government assistance such as welfare, housing assistance, or free or reduced school lunch, may apply for scholarship support.
- Any member family with an extreme financial hardship as determined by the WSSC Board
Note: The WSSC may (at it's sole option) require verification of government assistance and/or tax return verification of financial need to determine player qualification for scholarship assistance.
- Scholarship applications must be made by the member family - not by an advocate.
- Member families in need of scholarship assistance should request support as early as possible during the open registration period.
To inquire about scholarship assistance, please email the WSSC Registrar (email@example.com). Please include telephone contact information so that a member of the WSSC Board may call you to discuss your need and provide instructions.