DO NOT Alter your players Date of Birth! Please observe capitalization and register using your players full, legal name.
The Open Registration Period for the Spring Season is:
- February 1 to March 1, for U-06 to U-11 age groups
The Open Registration Period for the Fall Season is:
- June 1 to June 30, for U-08 to U-19 age groups
- June 1 to August 15, for Coed U-06 and Coed U-07 age groups
Once the Open Registration Period ends, player registrations will only be accepted on a space-available basis.
Player Registration Guidelines
Players will be registered online by their parent or guardian during the registration period determined by the WSSC Board.
- Registration via paper documents may be permitted at the discretion of the WSSC board of directors.
- Registration by a coach or any person other than the parent or legal guardian of the player is specifically prohibited.
Player registration is not complete until full payment has been made and all required paperwork has been submitted and approved.
- Proof of Age - (WYS accepted documentation)
- Player Contract
- Parent/Guardian Contract
Player registration does not guarantee assignment to a team roster.
- If we do not assign your player to the roster of a WSSC team for any reason, we will promptly refund all paid fees associated with registration for that season.
Players may only register for their league age group, or one year up.
- Refer to age chart on Registration Overview page
- If you are "playing up," please include, if known, the coach you are requesting, and whether that coach is aware of your request.
- If you are requesting to play more than one year up, you'll need to contact the board for approval.
Players may only participate on one WYS team during any season.
- No player shall be allowed to register or participate simultaneously on more than one Washington Youth Soccer (WYS) registered team during the same season.
- Examples include but are not limited to: All Highline Soccer Association (HSA) club teams including HPFC Development, Select, or Premier teams. All Seattle Youth Soccer Association (SYSA) club teams including Seattle Select and Premier teams.
- Players may participate concurrently in non-WYS leagues such as: CYO, Indoor Soccer (Starfire Sports, Arena Sports), YMCA, and US Club Soccer.
Player scholarships will be considered on a case-by-case basis based on a demonstrated financial need. Click to view Player Scholarship Guidelines and application procedures.
- Scholarship requests may be granted at the discretion of the WSSC board of directors.
- It is the goal of the West Seattle Soccer Club and its members to provide access to our programs to eligible players regardless of financial means.
- Requests for full or partial scholarships must be made in writing to the WSSC board of directors by the parent or legal guardian of the participant requesting the scholarship, and will be evaluated for approval on a case-by-case basis.
- The WSSC board reserves the right to deny scholarship requests for any reason.
Player Assignment Guidelines
The following provisions apply to RETURNING players
Returning players from the preceding Fall Season will be assigned to the roster of their former teams IF all of the following conditions are met:
- Registration is completed during the Open Registration Period specified by the WSSC board of directors.
- Alternate team placement is not requested or is not granted.
- Player is participating on a team in their league age group
- If the player is not participating in their league age group, the player receives both coach and board approval to "play up."
Player assignments are subject to change at the discretion of the WSSC Board.
- Registered players will be placed on teams in accordance with all of the terms and conditions set forth in the WSSC Constitution and Bylaws and consistent with all WYS rules and regulations.
- Registration does NOT guarantee placement with a specific coach, team, or group of players.
Team change requests require board approval.
- Requests to CHANGE teams must be submitted in writing to the WSSC board of directors during the Open Registration Period and will be on a case-by-case basis.
- When giving the request, please be sure to include players name, date of birth, as well as information to support why you are making the request. If you are requesting a specific coach, please be sure to include his/her name and whether you have contacted that coach about your request.
The following provisions apply to NEW players
Players will be assigned to teams based on available space, requests made by player/parent, and coach recommendation or preference.
Registration guidance concerning participation within the player's league age group
The West Seattle Soccer Club offers multiple levels of play, separated by gender (with the exception of our Coed U-06 and U-07 age groups), to meet the needs of our diverse player skill sets and to keep play safe for our participants. Our recommendation is for players to follow the natural age progression set by Washington Youth Soccer (see Registration Overview page for the age chart).
Some players may decide that they want an extra competitive challenge from their current age group. The WSSC Board allows for players to be registered one year above their league age.
Player requests to play two or more years above their age group must be submitted in writing to the WSSC board of directors and will be approved on a case-by-case basis. When giving the request, please be sure to include players name, date of birth and requested exception to the progression, as well as information to support why you are making the request. If you are requesting a specific coach, please be sure to include his/her name and whether you have contacted that coach about your request.
What happens after the Open Registration?
For Fall Season, during the month of July and the first few weeks in August, our WSSC administrative team will attempt to assign every U-08 and older player that sucessfully registered during the Open Registration period to a team. If we find that we are able accept additional players (or established teams need additional players to complete their rosters) we will post those openings on this page. (For Coed U-06 and U-07, the Fall Open Registration ends August 15. For Spring Season, the Open Registration ends March 1 and during the month of March we assign players.)
Are late registrations accepted?
If you missed the deadline (for any reason) we will still do our best to try to include your player on a team this fall. The online registration system will continue to accept player registrations for age groups with potential player openings, but those registrations will NOT be confirmed until there is a roster spot avavailable. No fees will be assesed until the player is confirmed.
Once your player has been accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with additional instructions and receipt of your processed payment.
If you are registering:
- Players MUST register for their League Age Group, or one age group up.
- DO NOT alter your players date of birth - if there is an error please advise firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your players FULL LEGAL NAME
Please observe capitalization (i.e. Players Name - not players name or PLAYERS NAME)