The West Seattle Soccer Club has developed the Player Agreement to clarify the responsibilities associated with club participation. This agreement is accepted as part of the registration process (and is listed on the Medical Release form emailed to the parents/guardians).
WSSC Player Agreement
I recognize that being part of a West Seattle Soccer Club team is a privilege, and with that privilege there is responsibility. I agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- I will come to practices and games on time, prepared to participate with the correct equipment and at the time designated by the team coaches or manager.
- If I am unable to attend practices or games, I will notify my coach or the team manager in advance. (If I miss practices without notice or miss practices on a regular basis, I acknowledge that the coach can restrict my playing time in games accordingly).
- I will treat my teammates, coaches, and opponents with respect. I understand that responsibility will be delegated within the team and that it is to be respected as well.
- I will work hard and keep a positive attitude. Part of my commitment will include practicing my soccer skills on a regular basis at home, and maintaining an appropriate level of fitness to compete.
- I will demonstrate a good sportsmanship attitude towards other teams, coaches and game officials at all times. (If I disagree with referees, I will speak with my coach about any issues and refrain from confronting the referees.)
- I recognize that my teammates are counting on me; therefore I will give my best to the team at practice sessions and games.
- There shall be no use of alcohol or drugs at any WSSC sponsored events such as practices and games.
- For significant violations (such as violence towards others, possession of illegal drugs at any WSSC sponsored occasion or minors consuming alcohol at any WSSC sponsored occasion) or for repeated violations, a suspension of participation rights, with the length of the suspension dependent of the severity of the violation.
I understand that by checking the box, I am agreeing to meet the above expectations.