Microsoft Employee Giving
Microsoft has a long and proud tradition of community support and it is embedded in our culture. Not only are our employees generous in their financial support for causes that are meaningful to them, they are also extremely active in volunteerism. To date, Microsoft employees have logged over 1.5 million volunteer hours assisting their favorite nonprofit organizations.
We are proud of the impact our employees make in their communities and have several programs in place to support their efforts.
Like many companies in the United States, we match our employees' donations dollar for dollar. At Microsoft, we take it one step further by matching volunteer time at $17 per hour through the Volunteer Time Matching program. Through this benefit, the allocated limit is US$12,000 per employee, per year. International employees are provided a minimum of three days of paid time off to volunteer in their local communities.
We support our employees' individual efforts to volunteer for the causes they care about. Whether it is providing high-value business and technology consulting as a Board member for a large nonprofit, responding to a natural disaster, working with a favorite local sports team or team-based volunteering with one of our strategic community partners, our employee's volunteer hours are matched by Microsoft.
Work with Microsoft Volunteers
Microsoft Volunteer Manager helps Microsoft employees in the U.S. connect to their local communities, find volunteer opportunities, and register volunteer hours for a cash match. The application lets employees search, view and apply for opportunities that match their skills and interests and also lets them instantly record their volunteer hours and request a matching contribution from Microsoft.
If you are part of a nonprofit organization and would like to post volunteer opportunities for Microsoft employees, you can do so on Microsoft Volunteer Manager.
Choose to Give!
Starbucks Matching Gifts Program Guidelines
Choose to Give!, a program of The Starbucks Foundation, matches eligible Starbucks partner donations, up to $1,000 per fiscal year, to eligible nonprofit organizations.
Who can participate?
All active partners of Starbucks Coffee Company in the U.S. and Canada. Please note that an applicant must be an active partner at the time they made a donation through the time a requested matching gift is paid.
Which organizations qualify to receive matching funds?
Grants can be made only to 501(c)(3) public charities in the United States and Registered Charities in Canada.
What contributions are eligible?
• Must be a personal gift, from the donor’s personal funds, which has been paid and not simply pledged. The minimum gift eligible for matching is $20. For gifts of installments, each installment must be submitted separately and meet the $20 minimum gift requirement.
• The maximum amount matched per donor per Starbucks Foundation fiscal year is $1,000. If the donor makes several contributions, gifts will be matched in the order of gift date, up to the maximum limit for the fiscal year.
• Gifts must be personal contributions made directly to approved organizations.
• The donor’s limit is based on the date of the gift.
• Gifts must be in the form of cash, check, credit card, or marketable securities with a quoted market value. Gifts of securities are valued based on the average of the high and low on the date of the gift. No other form of personal or real property will be matched.
How the Program Works